Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Happy Tuesday with deviled eggs !

good morning
:0)

One of a series of WONDERFUL photos by Laurent Laveder.

Busy, busy day, but I wanted to stop by for just a chat.
I found yummy and different recipes for hard boiled eggs that I wanted to share.
Is anyone still eating hard boiled eggs?
We are.
But that's okay, as we both like them.
I have promised to make some deviled eggs however.

I subscribe to the magazine "Woman's Day".
You can check them out at http://www.womansday.com/

In their April 2012 issue, they are celebrating their 75th anniversary.

Right up front they have a flip out page with 75 delicious ways to cook eggs.
Great!
They gathered different, favorite recipes from the past 75 years.
Now, some of them totally do not appeal to me,
but lots of them did!
Here is a sample:

Egg-Bacon-Watercress Salad

Chop 8 hard boiled eggs.
Toss with 1/2 pound cooked bacon,
1 bunch watercress (chopped),
1/2 small red onion (thinly sliced)
and 1/3 cup red wine vinaigrette.
March 1972

Here is one of their deviled egg recipes:

Horseradish Deviled Eggs

Cut 4 hard boiled eggs in half.
Mash the yolks with pepper
and 2 Tbsp each mayonnaise
and beet horseradish;
spoon into the whites.
April, 2002


 
If you have never heard of Jan Brett, illustrator, or if you have never been to her website, you are missing out on some real treats.


I recently visited and downloaded quite a few of her adorable coloring pages.
Here is one to tempt you:


'Beatrix Bunny'

and another one:

'Mabeline Bunny'

Yes, I know - they have colored eggs.
But hey, those are Spring Eggs, not Easter Eggs -
I'm sure!

I do love the books she has illustrated also.
Check her out on Amazon.

Well, that's it for today.
I hope you enjoy checking out Jan Brett's website
and
Laurent Laveder's wonderful photographs 
and
perhaps trying out a new hard boiled egg recipe
from Woman's Day magazine.

inkspired


No comments:

Post a Comment