Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring has Sprung!

chirrr-up!

a bird in the morning, telling me to get-up -
It's Spring! 

c.1912

We have sunny skies with high clouds, and a day headed for 74'(degrees).
Yippee!
The birds started singing about 10 days ago, really.
I so look forward to their sound every year.
It means it truly is Spring!
:0)

"Florida Sunshine"
original collage art doll by inkspired

Another reason I know it is Spring?
I have three, count 'em, three daffodils blooming today!
Yippee!

This is a photo taken last year.
Yep, with that big 'ol dandelion right in the middle! Those haven't started blooming yet, but we sure do have the greens!
I also have small prickly weeds already starting in my garden.

Today we are cleaning out my 2 front gardens (pretty small actually).
Michael is going to start in on chopping down our African grasses.
'Winter Interest' they call them here.
We have little ones ( about 3 feet high)
and we have gi-normous ones about 7 feet high!

this is the space I would have put a photo of our 'winter interest'
only I can't find it!
I really want to get outside and get started so just try to imagine it!
:0)


"New Zealand Springs"
original collage art doll

Oh yes, I am unashamedly plugging my new website!
TONS AND TONS AND TONS OF FRUSTRATION lie there,
but
I did get 2 pages up (finally).
Whew.

Some more spring birds:


vintage art

and yes...I can't wait for my johnny jump-ups to really get blooming!
I have had a scattered few blooms, plus pansies
all winter long!!
:0D

Gotta go now, weeds are calling,
lots of pollen laden dried garden refuse...
and dirt!

c.1914

Free Weeds!
Pick your own!

a sign I plan to paint and put in my garden....
:0)

inkspired








1 comment:

  1. great Easter post! The paper dolls are so fun to look at. I used to play with them as a youngster. Do little girls even know what they are now?

    ReplyDelete