Friday, March 23, 2012

A new day for Peace

Shalom

'Peace' to Israel


In memory of the children and adults killed in France
March, 2012


Today is a new day.
A day to be reminded that we are all one.
Our outsides may look different,
and even our insides might look a little different,
But
We Are One People
created in the image of G-d.


We are to be at peace with each other.
Celebrate our similarities.
Celebrate our differences.

Be at peace,
and rejoice!


Runyararo!

[also found 'Runyaro']

('Peace' in the Shona language, spoken in Zimbabwe)

and

Miers!

('Peace' in Latvian)


I know I have mentioned it before, but I really really like the
Playing For Change
organization and their musical works.
I hope you enjoyed the song I have picked for you today (listed above).
a closeup of a design available to wear at


I cried today for the children and their parents at the Jewish school in France.
May they rest in God's hands. Amen.

children reading a Jewish book together in Yemen

A beautiful song, sung by a 12 year old British boy:


We will never find peace as a people
as a nation
as a world
until we recognize God's greatest gift of peace:
His only son, Jesus Christ.

( 'Your love broke through' by Keith Green, performed by Russ Taff)


"Then the King will say to those on His right,
'Come, you who are blessed of My Father,
inherit the kingdom prepared for you
from the foundation of the world.
For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat;
I was thirsty, and you gave Me cold to drink,
I was a stranger, and  you invited Me in;
naked, and you clothed Me;
I was sick, and you visited Me;
I was in prison, and you came to Me.'
"Then the righteous will answer Him, saying,
'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You,
or thirsty, and give You drink?
And when did we see You a stranger,
and invite You in,
or naked, and clothe You?
"And when did we see You sick, or in prison,
and come to You?"
"And the King will answer and say to them,
'Truly, I say to you,
to the extent that you did it for one of these brothers of Mine,
even the least of them,
you did it to Me.'
- Matthew 25:34 - 40, New American Standard translation

Take a moment out of your day, and do something nice!
:0)

inkspired





No comments:

Post a Comment