Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Scottish peace with Galaxy Quest and lots 'o movies

fois

Scottish-Gaelic for 'Peace'

recycled bottlecap magnet with all recycled paper by inkspired

My little Scottish tribute to my fans in SCOTLAND!!
Thanks for allowing me to be part of your life!

 I just finished a good book -
"The Moche Warrior" by Lyn Hamilton.

Here is the amazon listing:

I liked it well enough to go and search for other books by Lyn Hamilton.
It is always refreshing to me to read a book that has a good story plot, and does not include steamy sex scenes or limited use of language
due to excessive swearing.

I raised my son regarding swearing with this:
'People that swear have a very poor grasp of the English language,
so they feel they have to fill in with cuss words.'
For really good insults, that don't include cuss words,
look to Monty Python!
There are some SUPER insults in the series
'Fawlty Towers'
a British Comedy starring John Cleese and a wonderful company of actors.
My favorite insult includes 'stick insect'.

tee hee - makes me laugh just thinking about it!

recycled bottlecap magnet humor by http://www.inkspired.etsy.com/

We just discovered that my sister-in-law has never seeen
****Galaxy Quest****

Oh, we can't let that go. Everyone should watch 'Galaxy Quest' at least once in their life!
Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Tony Shaloub....great actors are cast!
Even the bad guy from 'Quigley Down Under' has a super part!

WHAT??? You've never seen 'Quigley Down Under' with Tom Selleck?
Ok, there is a list of movies that everyone should see,
and it is not the PBS list or the TCM list
or a list by some big movie critic.
Hmmm....I guess I better think about this one!
So today I will just suggest some of my absolute movie favorites.

The Crew
Burt Reynolds, Richard Dreyfuss + many more!
Hate the cussing. :0(

Disorganized Crime
Lou Diamond Phillips, Fred Guinn,+ many more!
Fred Guinn of 'Munster" fame is great as a gangster!

Galaxy Quest
No cussing, no sex except a sexy Sigourney Weaver, great humor!

Enchanted
Wonderful musical with music that makes you want to dance.
The opener is a great tease.



Short Circuit
Ally Sheedy, +many more you will recognize.
Great premise. If you like the 3 Stooges, you have to watch this one!

The Wild, Wild, Wild World of BatWoman
Mystery Science Theater version preferred
Get ready for some plain silliness, hilarious comments from the robots (MST) and a fantastically HORRIBLE bat tattoo!!! Go-go music too....(B rated)

Quigley Down Under
of course! A very good Tom Selleck movie.

Crocodile Dundee
Paul Hogan + It still is one of our favorites.

Lightning Jack
With Paul Hogan, Beverly D'Angelo, and Cuba Gooding Jr.,
who has one of the funniest scenes in movies ever. It's the bank robber scene.

My Cousin Vinnie
with caution.
Fred Guinn as the judge, Marisa Tomei (won an award for her part), Joe Pesci.
Wayyyy too much cussing, but if you can ignore that, it's a great movie.
Favorite moment - Marisa T. stomping her foot, and Joe P. stomps back!


ANY Tarzan movie!
Yep, I'm a big fan. I have all of Edgar Rice Burroughs books except just a couple. That includes the Tarzan series, the Mars series, the Pellucidar series....
You have to take them all rather tongue-in-cheek. ERB was really into Darwin's theories. Most of the movies are not at all like ERB wrote them.
Try to see the black & white with Elmo Leonard and one with Buster Crabbe.
Johnny Weissmuller did a great 'dumb' Tarzan. Love the way he pronounces 'Nazi' in one of the movies!(I think it is 'Tarzan and the Amazon Women')



The Scorpion King,
Mummy
Mummy II
Mummy III
I like them all! Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz are a good combo.
Love 'the Rock' in Scorpion King, hate the way they animated the big SKing.
Just good entertainment.

The North Avenue Irregulars
and Lt. Robin Crusoe
These are both old Disney movies, but you can get them on DVD.
The first one is based on a true story of a group of church ladies out to stop the gambling in their small town.
Cloris Leachman, Karen Valentine, many others!
Lt. Robin Crusoe is a take off on the Robinson Crusoe story of course.
Dick Van Dyke plays Crusoe, and it is just a fun family movie.

think I'll stop there for today.
I do have more serious movies that are must-watches also.
And I haven't even started on John Wayne, Steven Seagal, Goldie Hawn....
oh the movies!

Ungawah!

inkspired


No comments:

Post a Comment