Friday, September 2, 2011

Weedin' and Readin' and Chattin' and Playin' on etsy

Hi!
Since it is later in the day, I will make today's blog kinda' short.
So, what have I been doing today instead of blogging?

vintage lady with fan

Well, I have a goal of pulling one large bucket's worth of weeds every day.
Today I did three. (whew, it was hot!) I chose one bucket a day to see if I couldn't catch up with my garden without killing my back or riling up my fibromyalgia. 3 buckets really was too much....but they were nasty sticker weeds!



I put some dirty dishes in the dishwasher, and cleaned the kitchen countertop.
I'm also trying to make sure the dirty ones get put away each day before Michael comes home. Now I realize this may sound really dinky, but for me it's not. As with the weeding, I am trying to do things that will not hurt my back, or rile up the old fibro'.




Oh, in case I haven't mentioned it, I had MAJOR back surgery 1 1/2 years ago. I have 2 titanium rods permanently in my back now, along with EIGHTEEN HUGE HONKIN' SCREWS with bone grafts that now reside there too. I cannot bend from the middle of back - you know, right where you can't reach to scratch? - down to my tailbone. Big scar. HUGE relief from pain.
And I can have mobility now!
:0)




The fibromyalgia is just something I have. So, I deal with it.

What else have I done today?
Well I cleaned up many of my treasuries on etsy. I know I have explained what treasuries are before, so I won't repeat myself.
Plus....I don't want to write a book!
Here's the link to just one of them:


I washed Tanner's blankets. At least a washer-full of them. They're dried now, and I have already put out two of them. He immediately laid down on the one in the office! :0D



And of course there is the let Tanner out, let Tanner in, let Tanner out, let Tanner in routine we do all day long! Actually, it's a good thing as it gets me out of my computer chair and then I usually do something else before coming back to the computer. Plus, he's so darn cute, and he makes me laugh.



By the way, for those of you following me regularly, a follow-up to his traumatic back injury (previous blog):
It wasn't his back, it was his Right knee. He has a torn ACL muscle thingy, just like athletes get. Ouch. So he is on a no-running-around, keep it calm plus some pain/anti-inflammatory meds routine for awhile. The meds have really made a good positive difference. It's a good thing that he didn't tear it all the way.



Now I am going to go back and add some pix, and we're off to fix dinner and maybe watch a movie while I do some papercutting!

'the path to a friend's house is never long'
by inkspired

Have a restful, star filled evening, and I'll see you tomorrow!
hugs,
inkspired

No comments:

Post a Comment