Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Beautiful Birds

Good Day

c.1911

Well, it turns out I guess I have a stomach/intestinal bug.
sigh.
Been sleeping poorly, and have spent wayyyy
too much time in the bathroom.
When I feel better, I have to clean the corners of said bathroom.
I have dust bunnies that are about ready to take over the world....

I wanted to do a blog, but really don't feel too well,
so today's time will be about
Birds.
Probably not too much talky-talk.
However, I did find some wonderful pictures of a variety of birds.
In no particular order, and some I don't know the name of the birds, but
let's share them together -
Australian lorikeets

Birds sing after a storm;
why shouldn't people feel as free to delight
 in whatever remains to them?



Bath time

'Tweety-Bird', Warner Bros.

“Did you ever see an unhappy horse?
Did you ever see bird that had the blues?
One reason why birds and horses are not unhappy is because
they are not trying to impress other birds and horses.”
…Dale Carnegie


steely vented hummingbird, Costa Rica
c.1869
 
a stork
 




Parrot Flowers




 my favorite Big Yellow Bird aka...Big Bird, Sesame Street


pigeon




There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man
than the way in which they can build
and yet leave a landscape as it was before.

  ~Robert Lynd, The Blue Lion and Other Essays

c.1879


ruby throated hummingbird

Her wings beat approximately 53x per second.


Kate Greenaway poem and illustration



A scherensnitte I cut of doves and a tree.
You can see the fold line in the middle,
as I cut both halves at the same time.


That's it for today.
I hope I have made you smile today,
and find a little wonderment (is that a word? I like it.)
and a little awe of all the different kinds of God's creations in the bird world.

inkspired




c.1917


Here is a rather simple scherensnitte pattern for you.
I'm cutting one that I intend to keep flat,
but the original pattern is for a tri-fold card
that fits into a standard business size envelope.
The first dashed line is for a mountain fold.
The second dashed line is for a valley fold.

from a Backstreet Orginal book, out of print

No comments:

Post a Comment