Monday, May 16, 2011

Spring Fairies, budget paper craft and paperdolls

Aloha!

"Where there is love there is life" by Ruby Blossom 

I have had a love affair with fairies for as long as I can remember.
Today as an adult, I collect fairies.
I have many many ornaments that go on my Christmas tree,
and get hung all over the house!
I have also been given lovely fairy statues -
some are candle holders, some are just pretty to look at!
My sister and her children have been super
about supplying my fairy habit with many wonderful fairies.
Thanks!

a gift from my husband

"If I had influence with the good fairy
who is supposed to preside over the christening of all children,
I should ask that her gift to each child in the world
be a sense of wonder so indestructible
that it would last throughout life."
- Rachel Carson

vintage clip

courtesy of Dover

"I dwell in possibilities"
- Emily Dickenson

I love the soft muted colors in this Wood Nymph paper doll set:

courtesy of OrigamiBears

I am sorry, I have lost the name of the artist who created this.
Isn't she just as charming as can be?
Rubber Stamp available from
VivaLasVegaStamps

vintage advertisement


These little Flower Fairies are Scandanavian art:

You can print them out, and use them as charming book marks!

Budget Craft:
Dimensional Paper Craft:
Print out several pages.

Start with one whole fairy.

step 2: Cut out part of a second fairy page. Perhaps the dress and the hat.

step 3: Cut out part of a third fairy page. Pick details like a sash or details from the hat.

step 4: Layer, with whole one on the bottom, then in order of steps.
   Use pop dots or silicone glue to create height for each layer.

tip: Using a chop stick or small bottle, curve each top piece slightly for an extra nice look.

"The artist,if he has not to forgotten how to listen,
must retain the vision
which includes angels and dragons and unicorns,
and all the lovely creatures
 which our world would put in a box marked
Children Only!"

- Madelaine L'Engle, author
This next paper doll with fairy clothes is part of
Liana's Paper Boutique set.
These are costumes that she drew, mostly in high school!


"And in the end
its not the years in your life that count.
It's the life in your years."

- Abraham Lincoln




"Fairy bubbles" hand beaded & netted necklace by inkspired


c.1913

"They who dream by day
are cognizant of many things
which escape those who dream
only by night."
- Edgar Allen Poe

Have a fresh, fairy-like day today!

inkspired




No comments:

Post a Comment