Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Mary Poppins kind of day

Hello!
We have had several days of rainy and grey all day long.
A good, soaking kind of rain.
Our grass in the front is loving it!

A rainy day is a good day to stay inside, and play...


I think it just might be a Mary Poppins kind of day!

We sat down as a family last week and watched "Mary Poppins".

I never get tired of that movie.
Makes me smile just thinking about it -
I mean, come on - talking parrot head umbrella?


a mirror image that sings better than you do?


Chim Chim Cheree Chim Cheroo -
they just don't have quality words like that in today's music....
Oh wait,
I think every generation has said that about their kid's music!!!


Dick Van Dyke

With all the new fangled machines we have now, like a gas burning furnace...
I think perhaps we have forgotten a very important lesson:

It's good luck when you shake hands
with a chimney sweep!


Better get out those yellow pages,
unless you happen to know a chimney sweep already!

The roof top dance sequence is really quite amazing!

Every time I see Mary Poppins powder her face with coal dust, I laugh!

When I was little, no matter how many times we had seen the movie, I always had to point out to the whole family -
 "Look! She's powdering her nose with black!!"

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Live the life you've imagined."
- Henry David Thoreau


"Oh Bert, it's really quite simple..."

Bert, Mary, Jane and Michael by Barbie

"Don't live down to expectations.
Go out there and do something remarkable."
- Wendy Wasserstein




Time for a little penguin love...




Looking toward more sunny skies....

Have a super-cali-fragilistic kind of day!

inkspired
http://www.inkspired.etsy.com/
http://www.myinkspired.com/
http://www.inkspiredmusings.blogspot.com/
dominoes@myinkspired.com

No comments:

Post a Comment