Daffodil crochet afghan:
1. In my Daffodil Daze, I would choose the daffodil ones! You start with the first one, the whole flower.
2. Then you cut the second one, with only the leaves and bottom layer of flower. Glue on top of the first.
3. Third, you cut out only the center of the daffodil, and glue in place.
These especially pop if you use double sided sticky foam dots - you can find these in most hobby/craft stores now. Definitely in a rubber stamping store if you are fortunate to have one in your area.
.....You can also make it look more realistic by slightly curving the top 2 layers over a spoon or wooden dowel before glueing in place.
4. Optional: you can brush a clear coat of acrylic sealer like JudiKins Diamond Glaze (my favorite) or Ranger has one that is also good, over the flower.
shrieking into the heart of the night."
- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters of Rainer Maria Rilke